Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nightly Ramblings

I started a little organizing today. It turned into a frustrated mommy with little people running through my piles. :) I am trying to prepare myself spiritually for the road ahead (I really am trying! I just messed up...) so I began by saying a bad word in front of my kids after my new favorite coffee cup broke to pieces on the tile foyer floor. It was a good lesson in forgiveness and "mommy's a big sinner" as Lucy says. Days are running short, funds are drained from the last month, and my mommy patience is below tolerable. But I am remembering tonight how grateful I am just to "be". Maybe it is PAS (pre-Africa syndrome) but I am tearful and don't want to blink a second away from these days off with the kids. I found a pile of my paring knives gone from the drawer and recalled a hoard of sticks that had been "carved" out back. I don't ever want to forget these days.

Totally unrelated. I realized today I put off the issue of skirts for my trip. At Calvary we don't need to wear skirts so I surely don't have but one in my closet. But, I took some capri's I didn't like and made them into a skirt. Something accomplished for today. Eric is "cleaning" in the garage...I think it is more like a re-discovery of years past.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beckysblog said...

You know how to make a skirt out of a pair of capris?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You have accomplished more than I ever will!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're like the "mommy McGyver" or something.
Skirt out of capris? I think I can see that.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home