Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lucky 13


Did I tell you Lucy is back to normal???



The kids and I have had a great day. As I sat back and watched them swim today (overlooking the minor bickering) I realized I am such a lucky girl. The kids are relatively normal (as good as can be expected with me as their primary influence) and they love people. They may not be the quiet, respectful kids that sit back and portray the old saying "children are to be seen and not heard" but I am very glad. They make friends with everyone they come in contact to...from the empty nest couple suntanning at the pool to the waiter at Applebee's. They hug their friends, they hug MY friends, they love people. I have made a ton of mistakes but if they just grow up and love people I am content. We stuck to the plan today; swimming, Applebee's and church, added in a few visitors to play with the kittens, and ended the day with finishing up a package to send to E and dropping it off at the Schmidts. The kids hugged and loved on Dave so he could pass it on to daddy (just a sidenote E, the sloppy wet kiss Dave will give you is from Lucy...I'm saving mine for you personally). As we snuggle into bed tonight, having our weekend campout in my room, we are thankful that we have each other. The sun has set on day 13 and we have 13 days to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

HOORY!!!! half-way there! your tone sounds much more positive.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

oops...
HOORAY!!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

As a blogger newbie,I just have to say that you have a beautiful looking family. CONGRATULATIONS

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home