Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day 11

My friend Gail called this morning and reminded me that her mom parented alone for 9 years (this came up AFTER she validated my pity party...she didn't just call and say this right off the bat). She is very right. Many women do this for life and I only have to do it for a month...

Our first 11 days seemed to have flown by really. There's so much to be thankful for:

  • Even though Lucy's infection was no picnic I am thankful I have had things on my mind to keep me busy.
  • I am thankful that I've been falling into bed at night dead tired and not getting around to the dishes or nightly chores.(ok, this only came after 3 nights of NO sleep)
  • I am thankful that everyone has slept in, including myself.
  • I am thankful for pull-ups that I can put on Lucy at the ballpark when she has to pee 4 times.
  • I'm thankful for my friends who continually call or email and check on me.
  • I'm REALLY thankful for diet coke.
  • I'm thankful the kids are still giggling - I haven't been the most fun mommy and the giggles have been getting on my nerves.
  • I'm thankful the library ladies took pity on me and my plight and took care of my $24.30 library fees on overdue books (all due the day Lucy got sick).
  • I'm thankful we're almost 1/2 way through our month.
  • I'm thankful the Suburban is still going strong (hope I'm not jinxing it).
  • I'm thankful for Blockbuster and the library movie selections.

I'm sure this list could go on and on. Just keeping myself accountable to be thankful and not complain. I've got it really, really good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Pam said...

oh yeah...that was it. Funny how I heard it all differently. :)

love you gail! Except I'm mad at you and Shana for bailing on a visit. Iowa would have been better than Colorado!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Johnsie - you should've given me the safety pin idea 11 days ago. Now it just seems like cheating! :)

I'm sure living in the same town as your in-laws was a little crazy but you didn't have to be so extreme and move all the way to Alaska to prevent this happening in the next generation...

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home