Sunday, July 02, 2006

We (a couple of funny girls) FIXED the mower

This is a week of proving I can be independent. My friend Tina stopped by to donate a bike to Beth. I said to her, "hey, come over here and help me get this mower on the jack stands." She looked at me thinking all she came for was to donate a bike...wasn't that enough??? But, I am a very persuasive friend. I convinced her to help me. (I should tell you this is a big zero turn radius mower with a 52 inch deck I think) We got it up on the stands with a little help from Jake and his friend (I should stress very LITTLE help...Jake thought I was a nut case for even trying to fix it). I ruined one of my favorite shirts with grease, then tried to use the creeper (that thing E rolls around under cars with...he lays on it). It looks so easy to use but it was a funny sight with me rolling around on it (at this point Tina had taken my shirt to the laundry room to put a stain remover on it so I was in a white tank top...very unattractive). Somehow I got my hair stuck under the wheels and I was screaming for Jake who slowly walked over and was laughing (ok, Jody, maybe this was payback for the car top carrier episode) and I was at his mercy. He tried to help me get my hair unstuck but just got it stuck more. I finally got it out by leaving a nice chunk tangled in the wheel. Tina sat down beside me and we tried to bend the medal part back to its original place. I failed many times and finally Tina was able to bend it most of the way. We both worked on it from there and eventually were able to get it so the blades would clear. It was so funny. The mower was on a slant of the driveway so I kept rolling into it with that silly creeper and I never could figure out how Eric walks himself around on that thing. Maybe my legs were too short or too stubby. I thanked Tina for not taking a picture of me. So, the moral of the story is that a bunch of funny girls CAN fix a mower. Then I had to jump start it with the Camry (I'm getting really good at jumping things...can't wait to show you E) and away I went. I finally got the whole place mowed just before dark. Yipee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you, better not show off too much or your have the job for life, even after Eric returns!!
Just kidding!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

very very impressive, pam!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I wanted a picture of!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Sorry Shana-babe. No photo of fat chick laying on creeper rolling over her own hair and rolling into a mower on jacks! :)

By the way, weren't you and Gail going to come visit me????

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home