Sunday, July 02, 2006

RESULTS...finally

I thought I had weathered enough medical issues with these four kids from pneumonia to RSV to craniofacial surgery to blood incompatibilities that I could think rationally. But I've never experienced any of these things without Eric, who usually is the logical and reasonable thinker. Yesterday I finally broke after two days of Lucy's fever teetering between 104 and 105.9. She was complaining adamantly of her abdomen hurting and she was crying for her daddy (which is odd because she always cries for me). I was groggy when we were at the doctor, all four kids were talking and I didn't ask the right questions. Yesterday the initial results of her tests led to urinary tract infection. She had two shots and they sent us home...with a high fever and still vomiting. She wasn't keeping any medications down and she had no bladder control. She was oozing from every area. And instead of the antibiotic helping it gave her diarrhea. Last night left us with another sleepless night of high fevers and vomiting but this morning the vomiting finally subsided. I was able to get her back into the doctor this afternoon and all the tests had come back...finally. She has a kidney infection. She had one more round of shots today and we'll go back for one more round tomorrow and then start a strong oral antibiotic that cost more than my utilities. :) I think I can rest tonight just knowing we finally know what's going on and that she is getting better. I know there's a lot of "finallys" in here but I am so relieved to be getting this over with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home