Friday, June 30, 2006

Some Crap + Some Good Stuff = LIFE

Today has been an incredibly challenging day. I decided to list all the crappy things that have gone on today...but even though the day had a lot of crap in it I am bound and determined to offset the crap with the good things that happened. So here it goes:

  • CRAP - E woke us up at the crack of dawn (ok, so it was like 8 am but we were finally sleeping!!)
  • GOOD - We all got to talk with Daddy and then he sent us pictures of all the yucky things he's eating.

  • CRAP - Someone left the door open to the Suburban and it was dead.
  • GOOD - Jody came by to leave the car top carrier and was able to help me push the Suburban out of the garage (without running over ANY of the 8 kids or 2 cats, 5 kittens or dog) and get it jumped.

  • CRAP - I opened the box to my new elliptical and realized it might be a job for man after all. There's like 5,000 parts and I'm pretty sure a man wrote the directions...to be interpreted by another man.
  • GOOD - At least I got the 241 lb. box to my room down the steps and to the end of the hall all by myself.

  • CRAP - I went to open the garage door to the bay where the mower sits and a screw fell out at me...and the door wouldn't open. I was even using the emergency pull for the electric opener.
  • GOOD - I didn't have to mow today because I couldn't get the mower out of the garage. (Sorry E, I am messing up your strict mowing schedule and probably creating a lot of havic with lawn clippings)

  • CRAP - Lucy had a high fever today and had to go in to the doctor and leave a urine sample.
  • GOOD - Lucy has been fairly lethargic and cuddly all day and hasn't gotten into too much mischief. Jody was nice enough to drop off some medicines and 7 up to get us through the night.

  • CRAP - I missed our book club night out due to Lethargic Lucy.
  • GOOD - Even though this one just plain sucks for me I am very glad they still went. Those girls deserved a night out!

  • CRAP - I was desperate to get out of the house so I loaded everyone up and took them to McDonald's drive-thru (we had 3 free kids meal coupons that expired TODAY!). As I backed out around the Camry to position myself to drive forward out the long windy driveway I mangled Beth's bike. Of course, my first thought was "how many times have I told you to put your bike away when you're done! Especially not to leave it behind the Suburban." The tears coming from the third seat created a nice river of guilt in my heart.
  • GOOD - I was reminded that I'm very selfish and that this life is not about me. How will these little people figure this out for themselves if they don't first see it coming from their mommy.

It's always best to end on a positive note (even if I'm not feeling too positive; more mentally exhausted and a little stressed...maybe I need to THINK positively). The best part about today was a very nice card coming from a friend back home in Kansas that I haven't heard from in a while (she belongs to my favorite little "magazine" family...they should all be published they're so beautiful...and it's not just on the outside!). It was very encouraging just in the moment that I needed it most. I was actually sitting at the computer gutted with pitiful tears when one of the kids handed me the mail that had just been delivered. I would bet too that when she mailed it she didn't even realize the impact it would have but she was listening to that little voice from God telling her to do it. So, I am most thankful today for good friends both far and near. For my "community". (or cult as Eric might call it when it comes to blogging...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Awesome job finding the positives in amongst the negatives.....sorry about all the junk going on today. tomorrow promises to be better. Hope Lucy is doing better tonight. Praying for all of you!
If you need help please call!

E thinks were a CULT????

11:30 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Yes, and the man himself has joined the cult. :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

our cult ROCKS!
thinking of you...especially last night. we missed you! hope things turn around overnight.
sleep woman!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home