Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lean on Me

Last night I put the kids to bed at 6:30 pm. Beth and Lucy didn't actually nod off until after 8 pm but it was quiet in the house. Jake and Alex read in their beds until 9 pm. Evenings are when I miss E the most. I think I spent 2 hours last night looking at blogs of people I didn't know. I wanted to read but couldn't focus. I planned out the meals for the coming weeks and the grocery lists to match. I planned out my exercise schedule but didn't exercise. Finally around 9 pm I decided to watch a movie so I let Jake and Alex cuddle up with me in my bed and watch a DVD on the portable player. We all sat in a really small little area so we could see and it was comforting. We talked about the movie throughout and then afterwards we sat and talked for about an hour. We fell asleep talking. I hope I can look beyond the frustrating things about parenting in the next few weeks and capture these times that build our relationships and help us lean on each other.

E arrived safely in Hong Kong and heads across the border into China after he sleeps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

pam, it sounds pretty peaceful to me! i know this is so sad, but i'm sure you'll be able to find some moments to cherished laced throughout the month. we have some planning to do for a baby shower, so that could help distract you, too!! :) glad he arrived safe and sound. sounds like an exciting trip. how many people ever get to see hong kong???

11:44 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a good night with the kids. They will keep you so busy and occupied. Keep your chin up and let us know when you need to get out! Glad Eric arrived safely...

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your mommy moments! They really help me put in perspective how those tiny touches really do change our lives.
Jace has been wanting to dig to China, maybe he could bring E back!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home