Thursday, June 22, 2006

Redemption

Today has been a hard day. There has been an underlying tension in our midst all day. I have no doubt that Satan is working overtime here. We've dismissed any thoughts of getting away camping with the kids this weekend. I am so overwhelmed and found out a few hours ago that guests we planned for the end of July are actually coming this weekend. I'm feeling guilty that the kids won't have the dedicated time we planned for them and the stress is eating me up. But, as I sat here in tears with what feels like an ulcer chewing on the lining of my stomach making me want to throw up, Eric made a very compassionate gesture. He looked up the passage discussed at his Thursday morning bible study last week and also read at the funeral on Monday. He read it to me and very subtly my tears began to dry and my heart began to beat normally again. I was reassured that I'm not alone and that this season of life will pass and I will still be alright.

"Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant (I'm not pregnant, just so you know)condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good...

...Do you think anyone is able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst of sins listed in Scripture...None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing-nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable-absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our master has embraced us."

Romans 8:26-28 and some stuff from the 30's (The Message) (ok, i'm really tired and mentally losing it so if you want the whole concept being given by the pregnant analogy go to your bible and read from verse 18...it's all good...just too tired to type it and you get my point.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

we are praying for you pam.
it just sucks. period.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

looking for words....don't have any. feeling bad for you though...

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home