Friday, June 16, 2006

Life Keeps Moving

It seems like everything should stop in the wake of Erika's funeral. But like other hard times in life we have to keep moving. It feels like everything we are doing right now is frivolous. Our hearts are heavy for the Maynard family.

Tonight E and I are going away for one last rendezvous before he leaves for China. Here's how God works. He knows what we need and then he prompts someone to supply it for us. He is a loving and compassionate God. He touches my heart when I am numb and think there's nothing left. Here's part of the email I received from a friend that put me in tears (and still is now) because God reminded me that He knows what I need:

Hey guys,

Get ready for a little get away from life for a night!

Friday, June 16 you will take off from your home (without children) and head to Galesburg, IL.

You will enjoy a meal at the “Packing House” restaurant and then retire in your King size Non smoking room at the Comfort Inn...

...Also, the baby sitting is on us too!


I feel so unworthy of this kind gesture and yet it is exactly what we need. Life really sucks sometimes but deep in the depths of my heart and soul I know that God is taking care of it all and he will supply us with the strength to keep moving each day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow...very nice.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

that is so awesome!! ENJOY!

4:07 PM  
Blogger jody said...

wish I would of thought of that...
Sounds like something you would of done for someone else. Hope it was awesome. You guys deserve it!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home