Friday, June 23, 2006

FUN DAY

I've decided that today is going to be a fun day. Even if no one else in this house is having fun I am going to MAKE them have a good day no matter what!! I have my last mowing lesson (which I'm sure they'll all enjoy standing on the sidelines and watching), we get to weed the garden (this = snakes and cool bugs), finish the dog fence (this may not be so fun but HAS to happen), go swimming, have a family barbecue, and smores in the chiminea. Jake is a happy camper after a trip to the library to replenish his book supply. Lucy's 36 hour grounding from kittens has been lifted (she received the punishment for giving a kitten a swirly in a toilet full of pee) so she's back to kitty patrol. Alex and Beth have decided to be friends this summer and have been exercising their creative cooking skills and made eggs for breakfast (I'm ignoring the smoke coming from the kitchen). Life is good. Ah, I have to go break up a fight and remind these little people that we're having FUN today...

6 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

FORCING it is ALWAYs the best technique...fool-proof i tell ya! :) enjoy it!!
i DO hope you own a fire extinguisher!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like fun to me (except for the snakes and bugs part)! Lucy must have been just trying to give the kitty a bath--it probably got dirty when it was hiding from Lucy behind the dryer! Hopefully you will take over the cooking for the barbeque tonight! Enjoy....

12:13 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Gail - the mower is NOT my friend. It tried to eat me going up the big hill. :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Oh, and yes, I'M cooking tonight...or rather E is grilling (we would again need a fire extinguisher if I was master of the grill) and I'm boiling corn. :)

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a difference a day makes. Enjoy it to the fullest, and thank God for awesome husbands!! I know you don't know me that well, but Cassie can fill ya in. AND, I know you won't mind me cheering you on! Life is good!!!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read and I miss!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home