Monday, September 11, 2006

Dinner for Two

Candles sparkling on the dining table, china and wine glasses prepared for a feast, Frank Sinatra subtly playing in the background. Coconut gingered salmon ready to serve, fresh Roma lettuce with a delightful array of vegetables from the garden dressed with a garlic vinaigrette, fresh whole wheat and cornbread muffins, hot bread pudding with homemade caramel sauce and chilled Chinese Red wine. A dinner ready for two. All we need is for #2 to come home and partake. I'm pretty sure he's had a rough day so I hope this makes it better.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

if the candles are burning low and he is still not home, call me. i'll be there in a flash!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

you are awesome! hope he got home and was able to partake. even if it had to be microwaved and the candles were out I'm sure he so appreciated it~~(I hope my husband never finds out that nice wives actually do these kind of things for their husbands :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger jody said...

would you stop copying me?!!!
:-)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Sorry Jody. I couldn't help myself.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Oh, and Heather...I think you should tell Greg about this. Maybe he'll still like me after the driveway incident. :)

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a number of years ago a sweet young couple broke up, but got back together and the young man wanted to fix a special dinner. I think it was steak and he wanted to have a salad he could make with out his mothers help and he made pea salad. I don't remember the rest of the menu, but it must have worked as here there are with four little ones and having a romantic dinner for two. Love, Mom B

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home