Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Day with Dad

I really wish I had pictures of this stuff but my descriptions will have to do. Eric was in charge of the kids today and he had an extra kid to boot. He met me at church tonight and was actually there early. He said to me, "Don't worry, I just let Beth and Lucy pick out their own clothes. I decided not to get involved." He added that that was why he was early. As we chatted with Eric's friend, Eric (yeah, same names and they think alike too!) before the service it all came out that when my Eric dropped Lucy off in her classroom he noticed she was wearing the famous Buller crack out the back of her pants (yes, this trait usually just runs in the male side of the family but there it was!). She also had a shirt on that seemed to be last year's make and model. He joked that Beth was RED, red, and a little more red. Oh, and sparkly. I thought about this all through the service wondering what the heck he brought them to church in. I cracked up when we left church as I caught a glimpse of it all. Lucy had on a turquoise ruffly shirt that was so small on her that her belly was hanging out (and yes, the crack was showing too). The navy blue pants she tokened the outfit with were also a size too small. No socks (30 degrees here), high heels. Beth was wearing a really neat red dress she acquired from a favorite cousin. She added to the silky dress by wearing red, black, orange and yellow silky tights with about 4 holes down the legs and sparkly red "Wizard of Oz" shoes. She was very red. I know this stuff is totally superficial but I cracked up nevertheless. I guess the point is that all the kids were alive after spending the day alone with dad, we were able to return our friend's kid in one piece, and the girls wore their outifts with a certain pride having picked them out themselves. They don't need me after all. They could get along fine with dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home