Thursday, August 03, 2006

Jake the Snake and Alexandria Faith



Jake and Alex are spending their last night at camp warding off the bugs and sleeping in a rustic cabin in the Iowa heat. I miss both of them terribly today. Beth and Lucy chatter more when the big kids are gone (or maybe I notice it more?). When they're home, Jake spends most of his time tucked away in his room or lying on the red comfy couch in our living room soaking up books. We don't get much conversation out of him (although probably more than the normal boy due to all these girls!). Alex, on the other hand, is more like my shadow. When I bake she's in the midst of it "helping". When I sew, she's matching squares of her own ready to use the sewing machine the minute I stand up for something. When I read she's usually not too far away making a craft or something special for someone. Beth has taken on more of the "shadow" role this week wanting to sew when I'm trying to finish projects and wanting to help bake at midnight. It just reminds me how much I miss Alex. And it reminds me how much Beth misses out when Alex is around. I'm grateful my heart grows fonder when they are away and learning who takes the backburner when they are home. Praying I can be aware of the times when one is left out. Wanting so desperately to be all I can to each one of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

you are an amazing mommy!!! pretty great kids, too!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your omments on missing the kids sounds a little like the book of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".
I can't wait for the camp thing to include two kids...and I will get to miss them.
You do a great job of highlighting their strengths.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps it is supposed to say comments

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home