Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thanks

I am constantly reminded each and every day how God takes care of us. I think it's always happened but I am increasingly aware of Jesus in the people around me. Today was no different. Many things happened today to remind me. One in particular stands out. Tonight Eric and I had a lack of communication about the evenings' events. He was staying at work to serve a Christmas dinner and I had our family signed up to ring the bells. I am getting over this sick crud but I still have two kids down with it. I realized this double booked situation at 5:40 pm. We had to be at Fareway at 6 pm. Supper was still cooking since I hadn't planned to take the kids. I pulled supper off the stove top, loaded the kids, and grabbed movies and blankets. We headed to Fareway. I had a prime parking space where I could keep an eye on the Suburban and run out if needed. About half an hour into our two hour slot, my friend Karen came in to grab food for their small group. When she left, she handed Alex gummy bears, which alone made her night. About 2 minutes later her husband, Jamie, who just had surgery last Friday, walks in and says "go home." It was very hard for me to give up the responsiblity and I gave him a hard time. He told me Karen was gone so he was stuck and wasn't leaving. I reluctantly left. I called Eric and told him how bad I felt that Jamie was missing his bible study, that they paid a babysitter to get out alone, and instead he was ringing the bell for me at Fareway. I am humbled by their generosity. Eric said to me, "They are good people." He told me to get over my pride and accept their generosity. So I took these little people home and fed them dinner. I can't tell you how much I appreciate how kind they were to me. Thank God for Jesus in the form of the Brookharts tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Brookharts said...

I am constantly humbled by my husband...wish I could be more like him. I'm so glad he was able to help. You do so much for others, too, Pam. Your words are too kind. Love ya friend!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger The Brookharts said...

788990-==-[[oiy6washjjkl;''/.,mnv cxzaao99 8ttyjj j6j jhoppgfyygtyy zjre4567 jiuyii0ppppp[[[

A note from Lucy.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

good thing the bell doesn't weigh more than 5 pounds!! :)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home