Sunday, March 26, 2006

BUSTED

Whew! I'm exhausted. We were up half the night cleaning and had our not-so-small-small group in today for a dinner. It was a great turn out and I think everyone had a great time. Also had my favorite babysitters taking care of 13 of our kids that were 6 and under. They were lifesavers! The cleaning seemed to take forever yesterday. Don't know why the kids can't just get it done. In the end they do it anyway...it just takes hours of prodding by mom and dad. Wouldn't it be simpler if they just obeyed us all the time? ha ha. Ok, so here's a Lucy and Beth story before I sign off for dream world:
I gave out the lists of to do's yesterday and then proceeded to "remind" the kids a few times. The last time I walked down the steps (it was the last time because they got their act together after) I rounded the corner into Beth and Lucy's room and it was more trashed than it was when we started. I glanced around the room and didn't spot anyone but saw evidence (still moving rocker) they had darted away when they heard mommy's footsteps. I grumbled a bit and yelled to Eric the report of the tornado that struck the youngest Buller girls' room. I turned to leave and from under the bed I heard a serious little voice say, "Uh oh, Beth. Busted." Lucy was admitting to Beth they were toast. Beth, still trying to fly under the radar, was keeping her lips tightly shut! It was another "had to be there" moments but cracked me up nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

You are the ideal hostess I am sure. hope you were able to recover today...until the next time which when you have four kids--your clean house probably lasted a good 3.6 hours.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home