Saturday, March 25, 2006

Traditions...with a twist!

When I was little my mom used to clean the house every Saturday. Yvonne and I had our assignments and my dad was always gone to his farm to work (my brother got out of cleaning because he went to the farm for the manly work too). My mom worked really hard and spent Saturdays working even harder cleaning and baking (surprise, surprise). I got up early this morning, hit the Y, then the grocery store and ran some errands. I got back to the house as everyone was finishing their leisurely breakfast (which a tornado hit the kitchen while they made it...whole 'nother blog could be written on that one). Why is it when I handed their lists of "to do's" today they all scattered and are now avoiding me? Really, I'm just trying to carry on some traditions from generations past and no one appreciates it. :)