Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Whew! We're home!

A long trip to Kansas, a fun weekend of bridal extravaganza's and pre-wedding excitement, lots of family and friends, and beautiful wedding climaxed our spring break. I think I left off my last blog the day before my birthday. Just another day this year with our family experiencing the flu but I did have some friends surprise me with special treats on the big day. I received a birthday song and giggles from the front porch (we were quarantined) along with a wonderful present and a specially-made yummy chocolate chip cookie cake. For lunch another friend brought my favorite food in and dropped off an extra huge diet coke. Wow. These gals loved me and it was really cool to know I have friends. I spent the evening going to Pilates and then a birthday supper with the family. The rest of that week was crazily spent preparing for the big trip south! The excitement was hard to contain. After a two hour late start Friday we were off and driving...and driving...and driving. We spent the whole day on the road but made it in time to Hesston to celebrate my brother's 40th birthday. The week of bridal showers, spas and primping flower girls was a great memory for all of us. Although Eric missed out on a lot of it as he traveled to Alabama last week, he did make it in time for the tux fitting, rehearsal...oh and more dress shopping for me. Yes, I hated the dress I bought, sewed one a few nights before the wedding I didn't like (both too tight in the chest but I'm the only one complaining about that problem) and spent the day of rehearsal shopping for another. Five dresses later I found one suitable enough, although it had a wide-neck problem that eluded to too much cleavage (again, I'm the only one who complained). The wedding was beautiful. Anne was radiant and Kyle was handsome. Lucy didn't pull too many Lucy tricks. The kids had a blast and enjoyed the whole shibang. We got home late Sunday night and unpacked the car, took the car top carrier off, washed some clothes and repacked Eric for and early 6 am flight. Two hours of sleep and we started back at it Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home