Sunday, February 26, 2006

Little Girls...2006

Eric and I were trying to carry on a conversation tonight on the way to Iowa City for our missions class. With Beth and Lucy loudly chattering in the seat behind us we had to stop over and over and shush them. They were role playing, as usual. These two do this thing wherever we are where they talk back and forth and play like they are someone either holding horses or barbies or bears. As we listened to them we heard them say, "You be vomit boy and I'll be barf girl." Then they had some protector characters they added into their little story that had all kinds of swords and pistles warding off the bad guys. Ok, first of all, what happened to my sweet little innocent girls? They're only 5 and 6! We thought that our life would be filled with princesses and glitter but in reality we've got vomit boy and barf girl. Where are they getting this crazy stuff? I flashed Eric a grin and we both chuckled quietly to ourselves in the front seat. Thanks God for giving us a reality check and for blessing us with our not-so-normal girly girls!

Oh, and speaking of thanking God...I actually found a dress for this shin-dig in a couple of weeks. I paid $20 bucks for this thing. I have to hit the Y every day and work out extra long in order for it to really look great for the wedding but hey, Eric likes it and I'll only have to wear it once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home