Thursday, February 16, 2006

SICK DAY, NOT SNOW DAY

Most kids today are bouncing off the walls at home today in this state because a big ice storm came through during the night and this morning. (Feels like Kansas!) But, my kids are all sick. They were a little disappointed that they were sick and couldn't take advantage of staying home from school for a "snow" day. I took Beth and Lucy into the doctor this morning to get checked and ended up having Alex checked too. Came out of there with a high pharmacy bill and a nice size co-pay from the clinic. Here's the deal though. Medicine is supposed to sedate most kids but no, my little angel Lucy seems to take this stuff and it makes her wild. I don't mean just a little wild but running up and down the halls at the clinic wild. I mean jumping around, pulling open and closed the curtain and playing with the blood pressure machine while I'm talking to the doctor wild. Yes, it was a fun trip to the clinic. And, the kicker to the whole event was when we got home and the only "well" child I have said he felt sick.