Saturday, April 22, 2006

MOMMY'S PET PEEVES

OK, this has been in my draft folder for a while so I'm going to let loose and post it. God forgive me.

Last weekend I was tempted to post my pet peeves but resisted the temptation thinking I just needed to be grateful for all this stuff. But, it's still coming to my mind so I'm going to write it down knowing these things which are so frustrating to me today are the very things that will bring tears to my eyes some day as I remember the days when my kids were little.

  • My deoderant experiencing bite marks.
  • The back outside door standing wide open in the morning...and wondering what all kinds of little creatures were able to make their way into our house during the night.
  • Toilet deposits left unflushed...not just in one toilet but every one I go to in the house.
  • The 80 lb. dog running through the house led on his leash by a screaming child.
  • Going to bed at 2 am and realizing the OUTDOOR cats are in my bedroom...and took a leak right where I stand to get into bed. Then, having them hide under my king size bed and not being able to reach them because the bed is too low. (I actually woke the sleeping children and forced them to help me...was a really pretty scene)
  • Screaming girls... just because (especially when it sounds like blood could actually be spewing somewhere).
  • Reading lights left on in the Suburban overnight...dead car...no dad.
  • Ice cream finger prints on the front door window right after I clean it.
  • My jewelry box ransacked by the dress up princesses.
  • My make-up broken and smeared into the light-colored carpet in my bedroom.
  • Toothpaste used for purposes other than brushing teeth.
  • Little boys who shower long enough to drain the 75 gallon water heater.
  • Kitchen thieves who eat that one ingredient I needed to finish a meal.
  • Little girls who hide when it's time to go somewhere.
  • Changing clothes...(do I really have to explain how much laundry this adds???)
  • Someone using my all my shampoo for bubble bath.
  • Someone playing "dip the toilet paper roll in the toilet"

It doesn't seem like it but I really am grateful for all these kids. I am grateful for a good laugh every day and for fun people to share my life with.

1 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

very funny. We'd all be in denial if we said we loved EVERYTHING about being a mom.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home