Friday, May 05, 2006

One last Lucy story...

Night before last I was praying with the kids and talking about heaven and they were asking about Great Papa. They prayed that Papa wouldn't be sad anymore about Great-Papa dying because he was in heaven. Lucy decided she wanted Jesus in her heart and so I asked her a few pointed questions. I led her in prayer and she asked Jesus to be in her heart and be her "forever friend" as they say in kidzone (after all, our old pastor used to say "you give all that you know of yourself to all that you know of God"). So today I was checking something in the freezer just before I crawled into the Suburban and noticed someone had smashed a blue sidewalk chalk on the iced over shelf. I made a face at Lucy and said, "I wonder who would do that?" She looked at me innocently and raised her shoulders to say "I don't know." Her face was priceless. We proceeded to get in the car to pick-up the kids from school and she says to me, "Mommy, I did that before I asked Jesus into my heart. I'm not naughty like that anymore." Oh, to see things through the eyes of a child. How refreshing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

awwwwww....how sweet :)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy told me that she had asked Jesus into her heart while she was hiding under the table tonight at kidzone. She was serious about it and another kid asked God/Jesus to also come into her heart. Wow, when they get that part...the rest is up to God. Soooooo coool that you got to do that with her.----Dana

9:33 PM  
Blogger Hepzibah The Watchman said...

What a great perspective from Lucy. I loved your stories, thank you for sharing. May God bless you and your family indeed.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home