Thursday, May 04, 2006

Flaming Nap

I had a migraine tonight and I took a bunch of medicine to numb it. Eric walked in the door just in time to take Jake to ball practice. About that time my meds all kicked in and I fell asleep and left Alex (she's 8) in charge. Sometime during my slumber she came and asked me if she could light some candles. I apparently said "Huh" in my groggy state and she took it as "Uh huh". So I look up half asleep about 20 minutes later and Lucy is standing by a row of candles (they must've been celebrating something as many candles as they had out!) and Alex had gone outside to play. She is holding the torch, nevermind the child safety which she figured out years ago, and lighting a row of votives on the tablecloth. Needless to say I had her blow them all out and we had yet another fire safety discussion among all Buller girls tonight. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to shake the vision of waking up to Lucy torching those wicks like it was bingo. The rest of my day was a piece of cake. It was a really good day! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

OK - I have this intense fear of fire--that gave me goosebumps. Would you PLEASE hide all of your fire producing materials somewhere that your kids can't find them! I will probably be having nightmares about fire tonight1 :-)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Ok Heather, I'm on the way to BE SURE all the fire mechanisms are hidden. I'm paranoid the way it is about this stuff!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

WHAT?!?! i fear for your lives!
pray pam...pray HARD! and try to get some sleep at night as to avoid mid-day naps!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Oh, wait. Cassie, don't you work at my insurance place??? Oops.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home