Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Germ-a-phobe

Many of you know I am a BIT of a germ freak. I carry hand sanitizer, don't like the kids to drink out of my straw, hate public restrooms, etc. So today I was at McDonald's and one of the workers there proceeded to tell me, AFTER the kids had played for over 3 hours, that about an hour before we came in there was a sewer backup in the tubes of the play place...meaning there was other people's poop backed up in the tubes where my little people just spent hours playing in, then eating, then playing. I couldn't stop laughing at the reality of what she was telling me and I kept thinking of the vivid Oprah flashbacks of the horrid bacteria a flushing toilet sprays all over a room, let alone a backup of this kind. Needless to say we left soon after and I threw away their socks along with hosing them down with anti-bacterial cleaner.

This also reminds me of another story from Kansas...our friends get together on New Year's Eve and have a "Fry Fest" out at a local camp. Everyone brings food to fry and there's a huge fryer set up and it just fries all night long. The kicker is that the fryer is set up in one of the most unimaginable places...the men's bathroom. Here's a picture of me relieving the "head" fryer of his duties for a little while so I could make sure all the bacteria was choked out by all the grease...


6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

You must have saw the same Oprah show as me...toilet water droplets spray up to 20 ft. every flush. HINT, HINT--don't leave your toothbrush in the holder setting on the counter :)

Is Kansas where the FRIED Snickers and Twinkies were invented? :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

that is very very scary. i'm very disturbed by whatever is sitting on the sink in the background.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... after your mcdonald's story & mine in NC, perhaps we should be going to burger king...

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The actual name is "Grease-fest." And you have to return! We need more of your fried bread and homemade jam!

5:48 PM  
Blogger jody said...

just exactly how does the sewer back up INTO the play tubes? I am very confused and very disgusted....

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks to your blog, we now flush the toilets with the lids down... and think of you. :)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home