Saturday, July 15, 2006

Never eat out with the Bullers...

We just got back from eating out with the wife of Eric's cohort and shopping partner in China. She is alone too now that her husband has joined Eric. We swam this afternoon and then went to church so when we made it to the restaurant this evening they were all a little crazy. By the time I got through the line at Quiznos not only was the guy behind me laughing his head off he had the workers all laughing at me. Then I had to fess up that I forgot to order food for one of the kids and had to have them quickly make one more sandwich while the rest of the people behind me waited. All this while the kids were playing run and slide on the freshly mopped floor (sure they were impressed with having to re-mop) and playing in the bathroom. Then Lucy spilled her drink all over her bench seat and the floor and Alex decided to eat alone at her own table for who knows why. We squeezed in some good adult conversation between eating, all the kids talking at her (of course, using the interrupt rule but talking while using it) and Jake accidentally pulling his tooth out, gushing blood onto a napkin, in the middle of the meal. I know my friend's kids are grown but I think she was reminded of childhood and also saw a little window into my life. I think some of the time she laughed just because there really was no other solution to the chaos that was occurring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an idea why Alex sat alone...:)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i want to go out to eat with you guys! lots of entertainment and laughs! :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Every Day Girl said...

Thats so funny dad!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home