Wednesday, September 27, 2006

After School Noise

I was just sitting here after school today contemplating whether or not I had time to blog. It was too distracting. Lucy was in time-out in her room, only she felt the need to stand at the bottom of the front stairs and scream, "Can I get out of my room?" for 30 minutes. Occasionally I looked down at her and said, "Not until it's quiet." And then I ignored her. Jake was making obnoxious drumming noises and playing an air guitar while supposedly doing homework. Beth was quiet as a mouse reading on her bunk (also in time-out...can you tell who the compliant one is?). Alex was sitting across from Jake at the dining room table yelling over and over, "Can somebody help me with my homework? Jake won't help me!" And then occasionally I heard the familiar after school song on repeat, "I'm HUUNNNNNGGGGRRRRY!" I think it's fair to point out June Cleaver was only ACTING like she had it all together. :)

On a sidenote, yesterday I was lying in my bed after school wishing my meds would kick in faster, feeling yucky. I had made all the kids promise to stay inside so I could rest. Just as I dozed off I heard a little voice outside my window yell, "Hi neighbor!" across two acres. And I'm sure everyone can guess who that one was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home