Monday, October 02, 2006

By the Grace of God

I just have to share a small glimpse into the lifestyle we've become accustomed to and the grace and mercy God continues to shine upon us. The last two years Eric has been diligently working hard to complete his MBA. There have been a few times that classes have been unavailable, prolonging the finish line for our family. To bite the bullet quicker, we made a decision at the beginning of summer for Eric to double up on classes and insanely finish ASAP. The ramification for this was that Eric is just unavailable most of the time for the kids and I. This has been a difficult pill to swallow, sometimes discouraging me and leaving me wallowing in self pity when I lose my focus. But after a time, I realize that this temporary "abandonment" is only that...temporary. With the end fully in sight now, life without Eric has become "how it is." The simple joy of re-introducing him into every day activities is one I intend to savor and rejoice upon. In the time being, I am so thankful that although Eric has been unavailabe, God has never left my side and has not only been my crutch, my strength and my light, but has used my friends to drag my buns off the ground and pull me up again out of a pit of quick sand. Again, after a long weekend of quieting kids and disappearing so Eric could finish 6 difficult 4 page assignments in addition to two 10 page requirement papers (one ending up being 23 pages and then condensed to 18), and all turned in late due to interfering work mishaps, God patted Eric on the back with another round of A's. I am so proud of him and the perseverance he has allowed to prevail. I know his life hasn't been easy either...missing out on so many things. By the grace of God the end of this road will come, we will still married (I am saying this on faith), we will still be the parents of four children, and God will still be an everlasting God who has never and will never abandon us.

Five and a half weeks and counting. Thank God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! :)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.
Please read your email in addition to your blog.
Missing you,
Voni

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home