Friday, October 06, 2006

This Morning

I was awaken by a 9 year old boy taunting his 8 year old sister and fighting at 5:45 am. Needless to say our morning walk lasted one lap around the circle and some time to ourselves in our rooms. Two kids made the bus this morning. Two kids drug their feet and didn't make the bus this morning. Opportunity #1 to choose a positive spin on a negative situation. We read books and took more time for their breakfast. Got in the car to take the remaining two kids to school. Looked for keys for 10 minutes (we usually leave them in the ignition...if someone REALLY wants the Suburban they can steal it). Realized Eric drove it yesterday since I went to Iowa City with the gas saving car. Ran back down to get keys off dresser. NO keys. Spare key missing. Called E. All keys located in his pocket. E is heading off to an important meeting. Opportunity #2 to choose a positive spin instead wailing fury. I called my friend Cheryl W. to bail me out. She was already at school and dropped her kids off, then turned around and came for mine. She also had to take the things the bigger kids forgot. Missed AR at 10 am (still no keys). Opportunity #3 to choose a positive spin on a negative deal. I'm taking advantage of being stuck here and catching up on some reading, laundry and more. A reminder for me this morning that no matter what I plan for this life, it's not mine to plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home