Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Uncreative, Jumbled Thoughts

Ok, in no organized fashion I'm jotting down some of the days' events.

  • I tried to be a big girl (no pun intended) and go to a weight watchers meeting and just my luck they stopped having them during the week.
  • Lucy's teacher is getting married on Saturday and I just cracked up at the way my kindergartner explained why she couldn't be at school starting in two days. "You know, mom, it takes time to plan these things. So we have a sustitube (not a spelling error. This is how she talks) for two days and then a whole bunch more after that so she can be a wife."
  • Eric and I realized that the school didn't have Jake's ITBS scores on file a few weeks ago (since he homeschooled the second semester last year). We couldn't figure out why he wasn't in this one extra class. So I turned them in and they said he was on the "radar" (meaning the class is now full so tough luck). I called the principal and discussed it with her because she knew from previous conversations that we have to keep Jake challenged. I was able to convince them to squeeze him into the class. Today he comes home complaining because he somehow got put in this class and now he has to catch up on all the homework he's missed since the beginning of the year. I can't win. :)
  • Jake is trying to teach Lucy (yes, kindergarten Lucy) long division and multiplication and I just heard her emphatically say, "Jake, I don't care." Poor guy. He means well.
  • I was very nervous handing a package containing my passport to a carefree-looking clerk at Mailboxes today. I kept getting this feeling that I didn't complete all the "right" info for my travel visa...and I'm in a time crunch to get back. Thought I would wet myself looking over the paperwork while she stared at me and everyone behind me waited. Then I rushed to the car to get the kids from school and all I could think was, "I hope I signed everything in the right places."
  • My firstborn is a ten tomorrow. I am getting away for the evening so I was discussing the treat situation for school and his expectations. I was going to just make a batch of cupcakes or something. He says, "Could you make two for each person...or maybe cookies and cupcakes...and maybe a choice between chocolate and vanilla...with maybe some kind of filling?" Oh my. I should've started out long ago making crappy treats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home