Monday, March 27, 2006

Things I've learned lately

  • No one in my house knows how to flush the toilet after having a BM.
  • Eric likes to sleep in on Saturday mornings...not clean (he is a little grumpy if he cleans).
  • Having a clean house isn't in the bible. (THANKS JAMIE)
  • I shouldn't worry about the state of my house if it prevents me from hosting someone.
  • Having people stop by is a blessing...even if the house is trashed.
  • Having four kids means I learn four times more about different personalities and how to interact with them and how to love them.
  • God loves a cheerful giver.
  • Open dialogue with my kids about sex is important. Tell them sex is a good thing, not a negative thing. (THANKS VONI)
  • My son shouldn't answer the phone anymore. Everyone thinks he's me.
  • Lucy should NOT have alone time unless she's asleep.
  • Little girls start talking about boyfriends when they are 4.
  • Some people like me because I'm me. I don't have to prove to them I'm worth it.
  • Reading 7 books at one time is overwhelming.
  • Make a deadline when starting a quilt.
  • Screaming isn't always in agony.
  • My kids were born to be loud.
  • The people who sit in front and behind us in church might always be annoyed with our kids. God loves my loud kids anyway (even when Lucy puts her feet on the seat in front of her and makes their head bob).
  • Kids are sinful and don't know any better until I teach them what's right.
  • My husband needs time to unwind when he comes in from work. His day is more stressful than mine.
  • Sex is good any time of day (Whoa! Just thought I'd throw that in there to see if you're still with me!)
  • Some people are good at faking that they are Christians. You never really know. Ask Eric how good he was at it. Pray for everyone I come in contact with.
  • 75 gallon water heaters are made to be fully used up.
  • Grounding Jake from reading is really hard.
  • My mom still does a good job of taking care of me when I'm sick. She can handle the whole package (four kids to get to bed for me!).
  • Real friends are friends you can go for months or a year without seeing and you can pick up where you left off.
  • There are too many kinds of foreign beers.
  • Dessert wine is really good.
  • No one reads long blogs.
  • AND...the most important thing I've learned lately: My kids are watching everything I say and do. I'm their biggest example (OH SH*T!).

8 Comments:

Blogger (c) 2007, 2008 Lyle K'ang said...

Excellent!
We raised three boys....My wife understands better than I do you know.

9:28 PM  
Blogger jody said...

that is some funny stuff.
Nice job, Pam.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

CLARIFICATION: Eric says HE flushes the toilet after a BM. I guess it's just the kids that don't.

9:51 PM  
Blogger jody said...

that is good to know...I was a bit worried.

12:27 PM  
Blogger jody said...

Pam--OK, so you write a lot like Donald Miller to me. So I wrongly thought you would appreciate him. We still need to talk about this. :-) I have come back to read this post several times. Genius.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

You guys are all too nice...who paid you???

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know things are "business as usual" up there.
Love you!

8:10 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air force, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, vans pas cher, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, new balance, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, coach outlet, michael kors, timberland pas cher, north face, nike roshe run uk, oakley pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet online, hollister uk, mulberry uk, uggs outlet, guess pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, hogan outlet, nike tn, michael kors, nike free uk, coach purses, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, polo lacoste, kate spade, nike air max uk, burberry handbags, nike air max uk, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, lululemon canada, uggs outlet, hollister pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, coach outlet store online, north face uk

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home