Friday, April 07, 2006

NO MORE "UNDER THE RADAR"

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lucy grab something off the dining room table and run downstairs with it. Upon her arrival back in her room (which is just on the other side of the open railing to the basement so we could hear clearly) she excitedly yelled to Beth, "Chopsticks!" We didn't think much of it that she had stolen Eric's chopsticks from his supper...just that it was cute that she liked them. A little while later we heard a scuffle transpiring in the hallway to the bedrooms and Jake and Alex were screaming as "chopstick" swords were being plundered into their sides. Jake came upstairs and told us they were getting nabbed with SHARP chopsticks. After getting to the bottom of it we found out that Beth and Lucy had sharpened the chopsticks with a pencil sharpener and were using these as new weapons against their older siblings. While it would be easy to believe that Lucy was the orginator of this plan, upon further research, we uncovered that Beth had brought home chopsticks from a Japanese day at school last week. SHE was the strategic mind behind the chopstick sharpening (hers were already sharpened...Lucy just wanted a pair of her own). I guess my little "fly under the radar" girl finally got caught. Lucy was still a co-conspirator but didn't think up this plan from the get-go.

As a sidenote today marks a monumental day in Buller history. We signed Lucy up for kindergarten. Although I'm not sure kindergarten is ready for Lucy! She and I went to the board office while Jake was at art class today. While I was filling out the paperwork Lucy sat quietly beside me and looked around. For a quick moment (just before she ran off terrorizing the room full of people with her wild antics) she leaned over to me and cupped my ear in her tiny little hand. "I love you," she whispered to me. As I filled out the papers and realized the meaning to this small token of appreciation my eyes began to well up with tears. Still, thinking of sending my last baby to school, I nearly cry. But, next year will be a new beginning for our whole family in many ways...in everything we do it seems there has to be moments of emotion in order to get to the other side. Today was definately an emotional day.

2 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

I said a bad word at church today during the shower. Why do I do such stupid things? Thought maybe we could have a support group. :-)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Girl, we need a support group for more than just those bad words! :) LOL

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home