Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New Buller Recipe

Remember the salt episode a few days ago? Last night I ran the two big kids to the library to replenish their options and feed their reading addictions. While I was gone Eric was going to give baths to Beth and Lucy. I got home and what transpired while I was gone did not have to do with a bathtub. Lucy had taken a barbecue rub Eric buys when he is in Memphis (which we used on supper) and made some wonderful marshmallow and barbecue piles in the microwave (fully cooked, of course), a nice line of barbecue on every single countertop in the kitchen, spelled part of her name on the floor, and decided she liked the marshmallow mush (new Buller recipe - should be in the cookbook) and tried more on the outside of the microwave. It took me a good half hour to clean up the dried and half-cooked marshmallow mess. The rub spread to a nice orangish-red when I started wiping it, making a more challenging mess to clean up. This girl demands attention (and already gets more than anyone else!) which I hope she uses to God's glory someday...we're ALL praying for her. :)

Sadly, as I write she's in time-out (for a totally different offense) on her bed (it's bouncing) and I just heard her switch on the CD player to Squirrel Nut Zippers, loud enough to fill the whole house. Maybe praying for her isn't enough...pray for me. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

sounds yummy...

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did the bath turn out?

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home