Saturday, April 01, 2006

Reasons Why Mommys Should Get Out

  1. Mommy wakes up happy.
  2. Mommy doesn't scream at spilled milk during breakfast...or spilled juice, or spilled cereal, or kids who make their own eggs over easy or.....
  3. Mommy feels frisky...purrrrr.
  4. Lucy stories can be funny when they happen, instead of hours later.
  5. Daddy being gone during the week ahead doesn't seem taunting.
  6. When Mommy gets home late it's quiet in the house.
  7. Daddy understands the bedtime challenges.
  8. It's cute, not annoying, when Lucy wakes up the next morning with several outfits on (not to mention adding to the mound of laundry still on the laundry room floor) and a pull-up OVER her pants. Her middle-of-the night changing act is original. (The question still lingers though...what else did she do???)
  9. The kids are snuggled peacefully in their beds when I peak in on them hours after drifting off to sleep.
  10. Mommy gets her 5000 words used up for the day and daddy didn't have to listen.
  11. The kids get a marathon movie night.
  12. Mommy's positive attitude spreads contagiously throughout the household.
  13. The toilets will still be unflushed and dirty tomorrow.
  14. Daddy proves to mommy the kids can survive without her a night.
  15. Everyone realizes the maid took a night off.
  16. My silly quirks at bedtime are missed and appreciated.
  17. My prayers become thankful again. My heart is full.
  18. My energy is renewed. My friendships deepened.
  19. I love my family more than when I left.
  20. I'm reminded that being mommy to Jake, Alex, Beth and Lucy is worth every ounce of frustration.
  21. Breakfast consists of leftover cheesecake and whipping cream.
  22. Mommy chooses this life over any other.
  23. Mommy doesn't complain about daddy's snoring.
  24. Mommy loves daddy.
  25. Mommy goes to sleep, content and re-invented.

Yes, I had the night off. My cup is full. No, it's spewing over. My bubble may burst tomorrow after reality kicks in, but I'm prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. I'm thankful tonight for a husband who's willing to take the hand-off of the baton. I'm refreshed; praising God for Mommy getting out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You got a night off! That is awesome. Way to go E! Sounds like you enjoyed your time. I hear these things and miss you more (of course I am dying for a girl's night - but have no "girls" :( Please feels sorry for me - I have been.
Love you & glad you are so happy.

6:33 AM  
Blogger jody said...

Amen.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home