Thursday, May 11, 2006

The day from Hell

Today has been the day from hell. It started with a migraine (which I actually went to bed with) and included a little rejection, a fight with E, kids being kids but annoying when you have a headache, and the reality of Eric's schedule the next few months. Add in a little "mother's day pressure" (remembering to not expect anything and then the day will go by quickly). Holidays and birthdays have never been Eric's forte. All this mixed together sums up the recipe for the day from hell. Thank God for good drugs tonight (you know, the legal kind).

3 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

geez, something must be in the water. First Cassie, then me, now you. We need to get out or something, girls. I am so sorry, Pam. I would bring you cookies, but I don't know how to make them...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i'd bring you a fresh cut pineapple, but i don't know how to cut it....maybe i'll drop by a can of it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hope these last couple of days have been better! Good weather for staying in with a book or a movie. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. And as for Mother's Day--I have learned to love the little gifts that the kids make at school and not to expect anything beyond that. Greg is in the same category as Eric with holidays and birthdays. Although in February I wrote in my blog that I was the only woman at my workplace that didn't get flowers delivered on Valentine's Day. I must have made him feel bad because I received "just because" flowers shortly after that. Maybe your post will be a reminder for him too!?

Anyway-hope things are looking up and have a HAPPY Mother's Day!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home