Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mondays...

On Mondays after school I sit in the parking lot behind the old Griggs Music with 3 little hungry girls waiting for Jake during his guitar lesson. I don't know why but at this time of day my eyes become very heavy. I was reading a "plethera" (thanks for the word Cassie) of books on exercise and healthy eating. I think I had a stack of 5 and was leafing through them. The one is from Oprah's trainer and on the front it has him standing behind this skinny chic who is wearing an old pair of her jeans over her clothes. It's one of those BIG weight loss stories where the jeans are like size 28 and she's a size 2 now. She's smiling proudly as she holds up the jeans seeing the foot and a half of nothingness between her little body and the wide mama waistband. So Lucy sees this picture and says, "Those look like your jeans mommy." Well, this didn't sit REAL good with me so I decided I was defeated and laid down for a nap. About five minutes later I felt someone playing with my face and writing on me. I woke up and saw two innoncent-looking little boogers with their hands behind their backs in the second seat and some kind of a french mustache on my face. I shooed them into the third seat and closed my eyes again. As I was just beginning to relax, Beth was leaning over to the third seat ("I'm in the third seat mommy, ha ha") but her legs were still dangling above my head and oops one black little loafer hit me square in the eye, knocking my glasses off and giving me a nice goose egg. Then Lucy saw how agitated I was becoming so she barreled over the seat and got stuck on the floor between the second and third seats and began whining for me to unstuck her. I've decided not to take a nap ever again on a Monday during guitar. I've decided not to ever again read any kind of body transformation books on a Monday during guitar. I've decided to take ear plugs, snacks, and maybe even the duck tape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home