Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sweet Bethie




Last night Bethie wanted me to cuddle with her a little longer than usual when I tucked her in. While Lucy tossed and turned beside us I gave Bethie a little backrub and just cuddled with her. I fell asleep for a little bit and saw that she had taken the palm of my hand and put it right up against her cheek before drifting off to sleep herself. Her love language is physical touch and mine isn't so much. I really enjoy the way she makes me stretch outside of my comfort zone and blesses me more than I could have imagined. Her sweet smile is contagious and she is rarely without it. Her heart is sensitive and breaks easily. She has a joy and love for her friends and a compassion like none I've ever seen in a child. She has found her singing voice and loves to sing (sometimes in an opera voice but we're working on that one!). She loves to draw and came home with the best looking duck this week from school. It was so good she had to convince Jake that she didn't trace it. I'm really grateful for this sweet little girl tonight. Sometimes I feel guilty because I was blessed by her when my own sister lost her sweet Lydia at the same time and now Bethie is a constant reminder. But, I am so thankful for precious Bethie. I am unworthy of your unconditional love and I am forever grateful that you are mine for a time. You make me happy to be a mommy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Ha ha Gail! Darrel has even ERIC hugging him when we get together. He's contagious! (in a goooooood way!) :)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home