Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Got Milk Guilt

Jake just came into the office (seemingly a little disgruntled that I'm blogging) and stated very kindly but firmly, "Mom, did anyone inform you YESTERDAY MORNING that we are out of milk?" I could see his lips tighten and his eyes grew larger with contempt.

I'm feeling a little guilty. Cassie even said that they might get osteoperosis! "You know, all of your bone strength is built up in the first 25 years of your life. Milk is very important at this stage of life!" (she was offering to go buy milk on her lunch hour)

Ok, I'm taking the $2 in my wallet and scraping some change out of the basket on the dresser and going to the store for milk!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Brookharts said...

I have some extra milk in my freezer that I'd be glad to share with you. As long as your kids don't mind drinking breastmilk. What they don't know won't hurt them :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger The Brookharts said...

BTW, it will help them build strong bones AND increase their immune system. You can't get that from "Cow's Milk". (That's what Lucy calls it...Mommy...is this Cow's milk?)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Ahh, Karen. The joys of being a milk machine... :)

I had a ton of milk leftover after my Lucy and my Pediatrician suggested I keep it and use it on cereal for the kids. We've finally used it all up just before moving to Muscatine. ha ha.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home