Saturday, August 26, 2006

I don't have to nag

Conversation between Jake and Eric. Eric is looking for a cup in the dishwasher at the same time as Jake.

Jake: (picking up a cup and turning it over to check if it's clean) You have to check the cups before you use them Dad. They're usually dirty. Because the dishwasher is broken.

Eric: Ok Jake.

Jake:
Yeah, the dishwasher is broken. (pause, silence) And the car is broken too.

Eric: I know Jake.

Jake: And the dryer is broken too.

Eric: Ok, Jake.

Jake: Dad, seems like everything around here is broken.

Eric: I know Jake. As soon as I'm done with school we'll start fixing things again.

Seems like I don't have to nag. Jake is doing it for me. And NO I didn't put him up to it. I've actually tried to be very silent and hold my tongue. But this conversation did give me a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home