Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Eulogy

A while back a friend emailed me an exert from someone's blog where she wrote her own eulogy (you know, a more HONEST one). As I read it I cracked up thinking I could probably write a similar rendition of my own frightful being. It's given me many thoughts to nibble on in the last few months. More importantly in recent weeks I've been contemplating things like 'we won't be asked what we've read but what we've put into action' (I butchered that quote from my friend but you get the jest of it). And just this weekend, who will cry tears at my funeral? Have I impacted friends who don't know Jesus or is it just the comfortable Christians in my little circle of life that I've invested in? Or even closer to home, have I even invested my heart into people or will they just cry at my funeral because there's no more cinnamon rolls or jam? In a conversation about one of my girls a friend noted to me that my daughter may get her fear of intimacy from her mother. I have a lot of acquaintances, but I seem to have a wall of protection around me and only let people in so far. So, along with my eulogy I've decided to work on my exit strategy (don't worry all you psychology freaks, I'm not going to do away with myself). I need to focus on what's on the OTHER side of this life instead of what's inside THIS life. I need to start investing in things that really matter, not what matters to this world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

i think that is a good plan...one we all need to think about.

11:46 AM  
Blogger The Brookharts said...

Great reminder to me. I love where your heart is.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home