Monday, October 23, 2006

Mouse Hunt

We've been playing a frustrating game of kill the mouse at our house. The food in my pantry has gone into quarantine. We've removed all feed from the mouse's reach and he just keeps eating our bait without getting hit. At one point Eric was standing in the doorway of the pantry and said to me, "Pam, get me a broom handle so I can smash this thing with the end of it. I can't move from here because I'm making eye contact." First of all, I refused to let him use my broom - we all know this would gross me out for an eternity - and second of all mice don't make eye contact. After I searched for several panicky minutes for an alternative to my every day broom handle (further digesting the fact that there could be mouse guts spewing everywhere inside my food storage closet in a few short minutes), the little speedy gonzalez dropped eye contact with the big scary human and ran between his legs out of the pantry and under the refrigerator. UGH! These are the blessings of living on the edge of the country (something one of my friends who is moving may soon find out, I'm sure. :) love you...but you might have a pet soon after all).

TO BE CONTINUED...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have LOVED to see Eric and the mouse staring each other down! Then the mouse running right at him! What a brave little mouse...

Don't blame you for not wanting to give up your broom, Pam! Good luck getting rid of him,,,

Cousin Kimberly

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get rid of him (0r worse yet her!) quickly..................I DON'T DO WELL WITH MICE. If you don't still have your cats I'm sure I can find some strays to send along with your folks and they can take care of the problem before we arrive. OK? Love, GramB PS Maybe Eric could just step on him.

6:29 AM  
Blogger jody said...

not funny, pam! not funny at all....

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have had them and their babies and have a trap that is sure to rid your house of them. Call me and I will tell you all the secrets!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can send our cat "baby" over to take care of it. She is good at catching them.......

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use a small piece of apple. It gets dried & rubbery, and they have to tug on it, which leads to a large SNAP...
:) We have caught three already this fall...two within 12 hrs...probably family members...

9:07 PM  
Blogger brenda mohr said...

Maybe mice do make eye contact. I'm just not around long enough to find out. At that point, I'm standing on furniture and screaming. Hope you guys get it soon.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Peanutbutter.
GramB

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home