Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Anniversary E

13 things I love and appreciate about E

  1. He can fix anything...and I can't remember ever paying for a mechanic (except for an alignment) or hiring out a household project.
  2. He loves knowledge and has a lot of biblical discernment. He can steer me in the right direction and help me see things clearly.
  3. His smile with very straight teeth (one of the first things I fell in with!). His baby blue eyes (wish at least ONE of the kids would've gotten those!).
  4. The fresh cut lawn that takes too many hours to cut. He's always loved to mow (not my forte) and usually puts his heart and soul into our yard. This is the only hobby he's kept up with. The rest he's laid aside for our family.
  5. His passion for lost people.
  6. His honesty and respect he keeps in the workplace. His ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with difficult people.
  7. His humor and quick whit. Although sometimes this has bitten me in the butt.
  8. The way he connects with the kids - he can engage them in a deep conversation. In the midst of all he has on his plate, he still finds time to talk with them. Even though I get annoyed when he doesn't physically help around the house, I realize the nurturing is much more important than the day to day work.
  9. His dedication to providing for our family.
  10. His commitment to me. In all of our fights he's never accessed the "D" word. He's in it for life.
  11. His ability to recognize his faults and efforts to change them.
  12. His flexibility and laid back demeanor yet steps up to the plate and takes ahold of the household reigns when he needs to.
  13. He's loved me when I'm unlovable and loved my family as his own.

Thirteen years ago we married as kids. We've suffered, persevered, loved, cried, fought, supported one another, laughed, joyed and grown up together. Thanks E for riding the roller coaster of life with me and being my best friend. Happy Anniversary! Cheers to many more years to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you've got a good man there, (and he's pretty lucky to have you too!) Congrats on your 13 years, and here's to many more!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Congrats! Hope you have a moment to share alone today. happy anniversary!!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home