Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kindergarten...HERE COMES LUCY




As I write this I'm fighting back tears. Last year I sat in the same pews and cried like a baby when Beth graduated from Preschool. But tonight I enjoyed the excitement in the air; the anticipation for kindergarten. Lucy graduated from preschool and as you can see in the pictures, she displayed a true Lucy personality all through the program. I think I'm tearing up tonight for two reasons. One, my baby is growing up too fast and I already miss her. Two, tonight marked the end of an era for us. No more infants, no more toddlers, and now, no more preschoolers. We are now the parents of all elementary school kids. It's rewarding to be the parents of this gang full of life and energy and love for people. There's such joy amidst the struggles of parenting and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm going to miss this girl next year...so watch out Kindergarten because ready or not Lucy is on her way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

i would love to be lucy's kindergarten teacher!!! a little girl with a lot of spunk and a big heart. i'm sure she will bring lots of laughter and fun to her kindergarten classroom....

7:02 AM  
Blogger jody said...

great pictures. she is adorable.
the next stage will bring much joy as well...

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home