Monday, June 05, 2006

Mowing

Well, I put off learning to mow yesterday (ok, it's not that I don't know HOW to mow...I mowed plenty of times growing up...it's just this big 52 or 60 inch deck mower that looks scary that I don't know how to use) and took a nap instead. But today, I couldn't put it off any longer. Eric got me started at lunch and thankfully he went back to work and didn't watch. It was enough that he stood at the edge of the driveway before leaving and laughed as I figured out how to balance the two sticks someone stuck on that big piece of metal instead of a steering wheel. I was relieved when he got in his car to leave. So I mowed until I just couldn't sit there doing nothing any longer...

I came inside and emailed Eric this:

ME: Everything that's flat is mowed. :)

ERIC's REPLY: Umm… There isn’t much of our yard that is flat.

I'm starting a club called, "Mom's Against Mowing."

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Good thinking Gail...but we're not in Kansas anymore! The people across the street I think pay 80 bucks a week...they have probably 1/2 the yard. Kind of ridiculous. :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sign me up for that club! 2 members is enough to have a club, isn't it?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

I don't think you want to know what I pay for babysitting for 4 kids... :)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam forgot to mention the last email I sent. It said "The key (to mowing) is no sudden moves… Just like making love, baby".

11:53 PM  
Blogger jody said...

i love it when big e comments....

8:18 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Once again, big E comes through with just a little to much information :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

ha ha ha ha ha! :)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home