Monday, May 29, 2006

IT's A MAILBOX


I thought Eric was kidding when he told someone yesterday that he got me a mailbox for our anniversary. But, no kidding...it's a mailbox. It is pretty and it definately beats the crooked white metal piece of trash that used to sit out by the road. It's not very romantic, but it is nice. Alex said, "But we NEEDED a new mailbox. That shouldn't count!" Eric has never been much for gifting so I am appreciating any kind of gift today. Plus, I saw a bottle of my favorite wine hiding in the fridge in the garage so I'm not complaining! It's a happy anniversary day...even if it's a mailbox.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That is a very nice mailbox. Now you can think of him every day when you get the mail. I think that is very romantic....ok maybe that is stretching it. He was just being efficient-two birds with one stone. Needed a mailbox, needed an anniversary gift-all done in one-fell swoop! Enjoy your wine :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i'm all about practical! love it!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to set things straight, he mailbox comment was tongue-in-cheek! I am not that lame.

A little piece of trivia...

The thirteenth anniversary is known as the "Dirt Anniversary". In honor of that, Pam and I spent the day roto-tilling and planting a garden, planting flowers in pots and beds around the house, and mowing the lawn. Needless to say, after the wine tonight, we may be taking a shower together. Did I just share too much?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

EEWWW!! Sorry guys...I didn't have a chance to filter his comment.

10:19 PM  
Blogger jody said...

it is a mailbox, pam, and a very pretty one at that. I think I would be thankful...that's pretty good.
and yes, eric, that was a little too much information.
the beauty of marriage for the long haul-- sounds like a perfect anniversary.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful!! What a way to spend the day, working and getting your garden finally in! Your card is in the mail! Sorry its so late!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home