Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Checking Things Off

I'm checking things off my list left and right and trying to get ready to leave. I've added a few things but will make next week's prep for the big trip a little easier. Next week I can really focus on cleaning and packing. The kids are beside themselves excited to see their cousins. I'm walking into a ton of work to help the people at home who have been slaving for months to make this sale happen. I feel a little guilty for not being able to help ahead of time but I'm sure they aren't so annoyed with me that they'd turn down my extra set of hands the day before and morning of the sale. Looks to be a cool weekend in Kansas. It will bring back memories of many, many past falls on the farm. From here it is easy to remove myself from these memories and remember it is only "stuff" and doesn't matter in this life (only the memories of the people matter). But, when I get there, I know I'll struggle with remembering this so my prayer for today is to not attach to anything, only anyones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home