Thursday, November 02, 2006

Friday Madness - October 27


An eventful day getting ready for the sale:

  • Voni and I ended up helping a neighbor chase his bull out of my dad's pasture. (this is how it goes at a farm. this little adventure had nothing to do with preparing for the estate sale) At one point the bull looked Voni square in the eye and took off after her. We were laughing so hard she could barely get away. I think she was a little freaked out because she kept telling me about some cow that almost took her down when she was little. I had no recollection of it. To top it off there were gopher holes all over the pasture and we were trying to run and kept getting stuck.

Only my sister would wear pink leather work gloves on the farm. :) Our new friend, Major, the bull, is tucked safely away inside the cattle trailor.

  • The day was filled with trips from the house to load hay racks for the sale. But no day on the farm would be complete without Braden (my brother) scaring the living sh*# out of me at least once. Most tin boxes or items with lids on them seemed notorious for having some kind of bug or dead animal inside. I found a beautiful unscratched silver milking can with the lid tightly attached. I opened it and the smell was horrid. I motioned for Braden to come help me check the rest out since he had gloves on and I didn't. I was standing beside him peering over his shoulder when he pulled the bag out of the can and screamed "Oh Sh*T!" and lunged the sack at me. I took off running scared half out of my wits. But, the smell was only old milk and the mysterious sack was filled with the milking hoses used to milk cows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home