Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Left Muscatine about 30 minutes late. Quickly ran through Wendy's to grab some lunch. Eric and I were not getting along too well so I was going to call him one last time and egg him on a bit when I realized my phone was totally dead. Fully charged, but dead. I turned around and went back home and put it on the charger and rebooted it. I had to reload all my phone numbers off the computer but was able to save the phone somehow. On my way again. It rained most of the trip. Yucky rain driving beside splashing monsterous semi-trucks. I stopped for gas. Then a potty break. Then supper at Subway and another potty break. Jake is getting sick of going into girl's bathrooms with me but I'm not sorry. :) Drove through storms the rest of the way. It was exhausting trying to keep the van on the road through heavy winds and downpours. At one point my sister called and said, "There's tornados in Meade...but none that I know of where you are." Very comforting. I did make it, and NOT in record time. But I made it with four kids still in tact and a tired mommy (with leftover white knuckles from the death grip I held on the steering wheel). Sat up talking with my brother and sister-in-law until 1:30 am. The kids too were up. Jake was reading and Lucy was bouncing off the walls. I finally laid down with Lucy and put my arm around her and held her down. I don't know when she went to sleep as I sacked out long before her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home