Friday, September 01, 2006

Reality - I just sent my last kid to Kindergarten





It doesn't seem like too long ago I was walking Jake into the elementary school that I attended for his first day of Kindergarten. But today, 4 years later I walked my last kid to the door of another new school for her first day of kindergarten. It was a day filled with roller coaster emotions. I am so glad she was excited to go to school. In fact, she suggested I drop her off at the corner and let her go by herself. She said to me, "Don't cwy mommy. I'ww be ok…I'ww miss you times 5 hundwed." But the other side of that roller coaster is that my kids are all growing up before my very own eyes and it's happening way too fast. I would love to hold the clock even for a short time so I can enjoy these precious moments and concrete them into my memory never to forget how proud I am of them and how much my heart aches for their joys and sorrows. Ugh! So here are some pictures from the exciting day. Lucy was full of hugs for her teacher and for me this morning. More later on all the fun I had on MY first day WITHOUT KIDS! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I have a feeling Lucy will do just fine--I'm sure she will hold her own! Hope you had a good day for your first "empty nest" day. I imagine you stayed home and whipped up all kinds of baked goods and a gourmet dinner, right?

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brings back memories about her daddys first day in kindergarten. Love, GramB

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home